Job Description: Visual Art Specialist
Art teachers are highly skilled at teaching different art techniques to students of all ages. Art teachers can teach any art related topic ranging from mixing basic colors to art history. Art teachers bring out the inner artists of students to help build skills and self-confidence.
- I) Qualifications and training required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts / Master’s degree in Fine Arts preferred from any recognized institution
- B.Ed. from a recognised University/Institute
- Competence to work in a bilingual educational setting
- High proficiency in English both written and oral is essential
- Proficiency in using ICT tools for generating documents and spreadsheets
II] The person should be able to (skill set) :
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including sculpture, painting, sketching drawing, painting, lettering, and art history.
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, monoprinting
- Understand a variety of “masters” techniques and knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art into Projects.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepare progress reports. Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs.
III] Important qualities (competencies)
- Communication skills: Discuss student’s needs and performances with learning leaders, parents, and administrators. Explain difficult concepts in terms that learners with learning disabilities can understand.
- Critical-thinking skills: Assess learners’ progress and use that information to adapt lessons to help them learn.
- Interpersonal skills: Regularly work with learning leaders, school counselors, administrators, and parents to develop Individualized Education Programs. Ability to build positive working relationships.
- Compassion & Patience: Treat children as unique individuals, respect their unique needs and encourage them
- Resourcefulness: Develop different ways to present information in a manner that meets the needs of their learners. Help learning leaders adapt their lessons to the needs of learners with disabilities.
- Organization Category Formal School
- Salary Pay Type Monthly
- Salary Offer 40000-50000/M
- Address Sector 76, Gurgaon
- Teacher or Designation Type PRT
- No. of Vacancy 1
- Minimum Education Graduate
- Minimum Experience Required (Years) 2-3
- Interview Mode Walk-In
- Work From School Only